Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The "Trader Joe's Collection"

I can honestly say that I am pretty good at promoting others....other blogs, other products, other whatevers.  When it comes to self-promotion, I suck.  It's true.  This might lead you to believe that I don't actually like my own creations and this is not true. So I decided it was high time that I start sharing some of my favorite things - made by me.  And when it comes to picking my most favorite things I really have to go with Trader Joe's.  More specifically, my Trader Joe's line of paper bead jewelry.  Here are a few of the highlights and of course you can find more in my Etsy shop:

I fell in love with the box from Trader Joe's French Toast!  Well, I actually fell in love with the French Toast - but I digress.  The very first chunky style paper bead that I ever made was from this box:


And this is what I did with it:

Stretch Paper Bead Bracelet
And this:

Floating Paper Bead Necklace
And recently, I rolled up a bunch of paper beads from a Trader Joe's grocery shopping bags for the first time.  I think these are my favorite, I really like the little faces:

Trader Joe's Shopping Bag Earrings 
And, of course, I whipped up a little something for Valentine's Day:

Trader Joe's Shopping Bag Valentine's Necklace
So what do you think?  Do you have a taste for some french toast?

5 comments:

  1. I love these! Do you have a how-to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Cathie. If you're looking for a paper bead how to, I have a couple different types of tutes over on YouTube but they don't include how to's for the tube beads. BUT, I'm actually editing a new video this week that goes over tube beads. For now, here are the two videos I can direct you to now:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG4mom7BMeM

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2QeQCTszUc&list=UUz7nP7ooE0RQkGknhKY4osw&feature=c4-overview

      You use the second video as a basis for assembling your earrings. Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
  2. I'm a longtime exhibiting artist and paper beadmaker, too. I have one caution: making paper beads is addictive. You'll find yourself putting off everything in favor of just one more bead, just one more..then it's just a hundred more. And so on. And then it's finding items other than jewelry to use them, incorporating them into other artworks. Or giant ones into parts of sculptures. Or bead curtains for the house (portieres, posh word for door curtains). And so on. Must stop before I start beading again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes indeed it is addictive! But there's so much paper trash to roll, so...a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!! ;)

      Delete
  3. love this upcycled beauty!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop . Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...